Martial Arts in Gilpin County
The gift you give yourself to unlock your true potential.
Get in shape & live healthy
Bring the whole family! We have enough instructors at each class to divide by age group and skill level as needed.
Join us for a total workout of body and mind.
Serving Gilpin County, Black Hawk, Central City, Nederland, and Idaho Springs
Taekwondo (Korean Karate)
Our Path To...
Build and maintain a healthy lifestyle that focuses on flexibility, balance, and whole-body lean muscle development. You don't need to be in great shape to start, but we will get you there! We also make modifications for those with restrictions.
Kids and teens hone their leadership skills, self-confidence, and respect for others, all while learning cool moves!
Begin by learning how to recognize and escape dangerous situations. As you advance, you will learn to take control of an attacker. You will develop hand to hand self-defense as well as defense against weapons.
Ages Four Through Adults
Monday and Wednesday
6pm to 7pm.
Children & Teens
- Attention Span & Focus
- Conflict Resolution
- Self-Discipline & Respect for Others
- Develop Lifelong Fitness Habits
- Leadership Skills & Overcoming Shyness
- Have Fun & Learn Cool Moves!
- Flexibility & Balance
- Cardio, Weight Loss, & Lean Muscle
- Hand to Hand Self-defense
- Self-defense Against Weapons
- Stress Relief
- Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle
- Confidence Building
- Focus Building
- Weapons Training
- Pressure Point Strikes
- Joint Manipulations
- Advanced and Aerial Kicks
- Participate in Regional Seminars
- Compete and Earn Medals in AAU National Taekwondo Championships
Areas of Taekwondo Class Study
- Warmup, stretching, & balance
- Basics: Blocks, upper body attacks, level one kicks, stances, breaking techniques
- Advanced kicks including aerial kicks
- Traditional forms
- Self-defense fundamentals: defense against basic grabs, holds, & other aggression. Applying fundamentals to dynamic scenarios
- Specialized Self-Defense: wrist technicals,clothing technicals, self-defense against weapons
- Vital points and pressure point strikes
- Weapons Forms
- Groundwork: Falls, throws, sweeps, and rolls
- Martial arts knowledge and history
- All students take turns leading class and teaching
Taekwondo | Korean Karate | Tang Soo Do
Ages 4 Thru Adults: Monday & Wednesday, 6pm to 7pm
In the Gilpin Community Center gymnasium, 250 Norton Drive.
Our Taekwondo program is based on the traditional martial art of Tang Soo Do, also known as Korean Karate. We tailor our classes to the individual needs of our students, considering such factors as age and physical restrictions.
Using traditional martial arts principles, we achieve modern practical benefits tailored to a student’s desired outcomes.
Whether you are looking for a traditional Karate or Taekwondo program, a place to practice modern combative technique, or an exercise routine that builds whole-body strength and flexibility, we can get you there.
We’re in the Gilpin County Community Center gymnasium every Monday and Wednesday starting at 6pm. If you’re in the Black Hawk, Central City, Idaho Springs, or Gilpin County areas, come check out a class and meet our instructors.